The Centre for Innovative and Collaborative Construction Engineering (CICE) was set up in April 1999 following an expansion of the EPSRC's prestigious Engineering Doctorate (EngD) scheme. It is a Centre of Excellence committed to advanced training and research in Engineering and Management. Prospective researchers can look forward to working in a stimulating environment and solving problems with an industrial context. CICE takes pride in its very close links with industry and welcomes enquiries from all areas of the engineering industry sectors.
The key objectives of the Centre are:
- To establish a high quality research and training programme that meets the needs of the construction industry, and enhances its knowledge base.
- To foster close partnership with the industry sponsors in addressing their core technical and business needs, and to broaden industry participation in the Centre.
- To produce high calibre doctoral graduates that can drive innovation in the industry with a high level of technical, managerial and business competence.
The CICE's research is focused on five main themes:
- innovative construction technologies - materials and construction techniques
- construction business processes - improving value and efficiency in design and construction, collaborative engineering, knowledge management
- advanced information and communications technologies - mobile technologies, ICT enabled information management and collaborative working
- sustainable design and construction - building performance, energy efficiency, climate change impact on the built environment, and
- transport and infrastructure - transport operations and management, sustainable travel, infrastructure engineering, water and waste.
Read about some of the CICE's success stories
For further details and information about the Centre contact:
The Centre Administrator
Centre for Innovative and Collaborative Construction Engineering (CICE)
Visit this IDC's website
Telephone: +44 (0)1509 228 549
Fax: +44 (0)1509 223 982